Does anyone know if the London Gold fix is measured in fine weight?

I know we had this discussion last summer, but I learned a few new things
since then.

JP said that all gold transactions are done by fine weight as that is what
is printed on the bar.

However, I have been told by a bullion dealer that only Krugerands made
withing the last 20 years have the fine weight printed on the coin.

Bullion bars, I am told, have the gross weight printed on them, so you have
to do calculations in order to buy or sell them.

So back to the London gold fix question - is it fine weight, or some other
standard purity like .9999 or point .998?

Ken