> Now I bet you guys out there are wondering how the hell did he do it and
> WHERE IS IT!
>
> Cricket was the first clue and if you did not get it the reference to
sport
> should have told you.  Then think outside the square  was the last clue.

The third clue - it's not what you see, it's what you don't - helped to
clinch it.
At that stage, I thought it was probably an unlisted subdirectory (or file)
named cricket instead of
any term  or link bearing on cricket embedded within the pages.
So I tried a wild shot by trying for http://exchangeprovider.net/cricket
Came up with nothing.

> How to fuind it.  simple.  go to any page except the home page, e.g.
> http://www.exchangeprovider.net/ecta.cgi?page=buygold
>
>  go to the URL  and after the equals sign type in cricket.

Now to find a file named after cricket.
I was considering the search engines when I noticed that the cgi in the url
does the job.
I actually plugged in "?page=cricket.htm" to the cgi and luckily, something
worked.

Michael's next page said no, I have not found the egg yet (disappointment)
but that
I was heading in the right direction (hope). A couple of hurdles more to be
cleared,
the password and the question.

The second took more time. I hadn't the vaguest idea when the first gold
coin was minted
in the US. Ah, but there is always trusty Google. After a few tries, I found
on the search engine
the very page of history that Michael had posted up, with the answer - 1795.

A neat animated gif came up - end of problem.
Thanks, Michael, Paul and eCTA for a most interesting challenge and the
eight grams of gold!

Regards,
Chandra
@ Goloka Candra dasa