>http://www.goupstate.com/docs/Opinion/Editorials/5878.asp
>
>"Published: February 21, 2002
>State of mistrust
>South Carolina agencies continue to violate citizens'
>privacy. This time the state is distributing our
>children's DNA. Lawmakers need to institute firmer rules
>on the collection and distribution of individuals'
>personal information.

We don't need more rules or regulations, which those in government are free
to change when the winds shift, we need to maintain copies of all
electronic records concerning us (including all our telecom records at
telcos and ISPs) and technologies (in the hands of citizens) which control
access to the information when its in the hands of others.  The same sorts
of software now being deployed by corporations to "control" email after
delivery can be adapted to serve the citizen.  For example, see:
http://www.probix.com/ and http://www.protegrity.com/