The problem with digital gold , the only real problem with digital gold, and
debit cards is privacy. any electronic transaction can be traced if somebody
wants to badly enough. where as if I want to buy anything that ,whatever
society, frowns on, I can not do so with any even limited assurance of
privacy or safety.but if I go to the wrong side of most towns and hand
somebody cash and then we both walk away, then we both have some,  limited I
realise, privacy and security. What if this theoretical society outlaws
physics, cause they don't want any new developements, that could be used as
weapons, in that field. we might still have a great deal of economic
freedom, but other liberties might be fairly heavily curtailed. Think back
before the twentieth century, when there was real money, but there were an
extremely large number of ways you could get in trouble because of social
customs.
  We need digital currencies now, to regain lost freedom and end gov fraud,
and in the future for large and or distant transactions.  But we still need
to have something to give a kid so they can run down to the candy store.
  How old is your House? or your car? do you wish to keep them? when you
make purchases with certificates of debt ,FRNs, who really owns the
property??  The interesting part of the Federal Reserve fraud is that all
currency in circulation was printed by the FR and loaned to us with an
interest payable on the loan. But they never printed the notes to pay the
loans. If they called in all of their notes tomorrow, there would be no
"money " in circulation but the debt owed for the loan would remain. they
would have to then seize all property purchased with the certificates of
debt, to cover the outstanding interest remaining.
which, of course, was the rest of the plan in the beginning. You can never
in an honest economic system pay the debts created under a fraudulent
system. The game is rigged. if you exit the game, All that happened in the
game is moot. You can't go back and fix it.
  As far as futures trading goes I tend to agree with you , at least in the
short term, to provide the farmers, miners or whoever the money to create
their crop or product in the first place.
                                John

http://www.two-cents-worth.com/?130074&EG