On Friday 01 March 2002 16:47, Peter Brett wrote:

> sorry for goin on and on but- I am appalled by the lack of response from
> e-gold  and the lack of flexibility.  If they email me a temp passphrase
> then its hmm 30 seconds while I go in and change it to one I can remember
> Its MY money its MY risk!!

> any thoughts  or anyone at egold who can actually HELP read this list

Well, I don't work at e-gold (far from it!), but I do have some experience in
thinking about and implementing solutions for these problems.  In short,
unless you can prove to e-gold's satisfaction that you are the same person
who previously had the passphrase to that account, they shouldn't give you
a new passphrase.

To be clear: they don't know whether it is YOUR money and YOUR risk.  While
I agree with you that a more flexible passphrase or account recovery system
should be  in place, the system wasn't apparently designed with that in mind,
and such things can be difficult to add after the fact without a complete
re-write.

--
Randall Randall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crypto key: www.freedomspace.net/~wolfkin/crypto.text