Dale, are you sure you completely trust both the recipient and the intended
use of the money?
I do not trust osgold, but e-gold is a genuine gold backed currency (as is
GoldMoney). However some currency exchange providers in this forum do sell
os-gold (and other ether-backed currencies run by people of unverifiable
credentials, such as EvoCash and what have you), because they make money
out of it, however, one of the most successful (and trusted) of them all,
Graham Kelly admits in his interview on Planetgold.com that he only buys
minimal stock of osgold for trading and would not invest in it. It's just a
supply and demand kind of thing - like selling drugs. It may not improve
the customer's future, but they want it, and their is a profit margin in it!

By the way, I do not endorse in any way, the use of harmful drugs, illegal
or legal, and I would not touch osgold (unless the customer was *fully
informed and remained determined*), just as I would not touch Argentinian
currency. I prefer real money, 100 percent backed by gold (or silver, in
the case of e-silver), but I do handle major currencies (such as USD and
AUD) because of the dominance of the US Dollar (and relative stability),
and the Australian Dollar, because it is legal tender here.

Is the woman who wants to borrow money from you intending to use it to
supposedly invest in one of the allegedly high-yield investments run in/by
osgold??

I cannot stress strongly enough the need for you to know the recipient as
well as the intended use of the money. If you really need to invest your
money in a private loan or mortgage, I would be happy to talk with you
further, privately. I have carbon-copied this to you due to the importance
of the matter.

At 05:38 PM 7/03/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>I am new to the group and I am trying to understand the issues and
>mechanics.
>
>There is transaction (loan) that I need to do and the recipient asked for it
>done as gold.  She suggested that I use e-gold because it is easy (less
>expensive?) for transactions between e-gold and osgold.  The loan will be
>repaid from osgold back to my e-gold account.
>
>Does this make sense? Is there a better way to do this?
>
>Any input from the more experienced will be appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>
>djs
<SNIP>

Ian Green