Dear Craig,

Hello!  Gee it is great to hear from you.

> I think the action GoldMoney took was appropriate.

Spiffy!

>However, you don't KNOW that the GoldMoney holding
> ...is associated with escrow-trade.com.

Aha!  Let me tell you how GoldMoney.com learned of
that number!  I *found* it on the escrow-trade.com
web site!  Then I received it in an e-mail from
escrow-trade.com!  Isn't that cool!

> Someone gave you that number

Yes!  Someone at Escrow-trade.  Twice!

> and they may have made a mistake.

Rough rocks.

> Moreover, the owner of the holding may be on vacation,
>or otherwise unavailable for response at this time.

Sure, may be.  But, the evidence appears to be that
the owner of the holding is on uBid.com with very
aggravating frequency, seeking "suckers" for her
PT Barnum act.  Yes, the "chain of evidence" in this
case sucks.

But, the business relationship with a digital gold
currency owner is not governed by any sort of "innocent
until proven guilty" or presumption of innocence legal
regime.  Instead, it is governed by, in fact, the very
whim of the owner.  A gold merchant here in town has
a buzzer on his door, and a gun behind the counter.  He
likes the cut of my jib, so he buzzes me in.  While I
was in the store with him one time, he buzzed in a
customer who proceeded to put something in his pocket.

Was he putting it in his pocket to check out the fit?
For another perfectly innocent reason?  We'll never
know.  What I know is that the merchant stopped in
mid-sentence, said, "Mr. Davidson please step to your
left" and brought the biggest rifle I'd seen in a
long time (Maadi Griffin .50 cal) out from behind his
counter.  "You! Put my merchandise on the counter next
to you right now!  Fine.  With your hands UP, get to
the door.  When it buzzes, you leave, you never come
back."

Now, that isn't what James Turk did in this case.  I
think he was gentle, in fact.

> That's a statement of agreement.

Based on recent action, yes.  Based on communication?
Not hardly.  E-gold did to escrow-trade.com's account
what GoldMoney did to their holding.  If I am not
mistaken, both actions arose as a result of my sending
them message text from escrow-trade with a highlight
about the accounts.  I got the first copy from a
customer of mine, then went to escrow-trade.com and
got a confirmation copy of the same message with the
same numbers.

I agree, and I think Graham said he agrees, with what
was done by e-gold.  But where is the e-gold anti-fraud
action hotline e-mail address?  Where is the link to
"e-gold's anti-fraud action" web page?  Don't know. I
haven't seen these.

Last week?  Last week we did $105K in revenues, while
I took care of three people wanting to pour about $5K
into escrow-trade's maw.  This week, our company is
on track to do $300K in revenues, and I have had
four phone calls and five e-mails on escrow-trade,
and the week isn't over.  Over $15,000 in escrow-trade
"business" has been diverted.  I got my happy keester
out of bed at 1:15 a.m. to take a call from a man in
California with a huge appetite for laptops who was
all a-twitter about his uBid.com "find" and the
goodness of escrow-trade.

I am not a big "law and order" guy.  But, frankly, if
the Amsterdam police were to visit this escrow-trade
person and string her up to a lightpole with her own
intestines, after a suitable trial by jury convicts
her, I would not shed a tear.

Business is about being kind and gentle to the
customers, and as vicious as necessary to the criminal.
The criminal who steals or defrauds is adding to the
cost of business, and deserves all the kicking around
he gets.

Frozen account?  That's gentle.  When the customer
who was away on vacation notices, that account could
be unfrozen.  Meanwhile, the spoils of crime are now
secure from further loss.  Perhaps, someone who has
a complaint against escrow-trade.com can make an
appeal for the account history on this account, and
get some relief, some part of their gold back.

That, by the way, would be my philosophical position:
the criminal must pay compensation until the harm
done has been remediated.  Sure, it wouldn't bother
me to see capital punishment implemented in cases
where guilt is certain, but compensating the victims
is the only thing that really matters.

Regards,

Jim
 http://goldbarterholdings.com/