At 09:28 AM 3/22/2002 -0500, James M. Ray wrote:
>http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20020322/tc_nm/tech_passwords_dc_2&;
>cid=581
>
>Does  anyone have good suggestions for remembering long
>passphrases?
>JMR
<SNIP>

I think the same people who choose "lousy passwords" will also be unable to
reliably click the same pixels on an image, or they will still succumb to
the temptation to use only one or two passwords for everything.

As we may need to use a several dozen or even a hundred different
passphrases for numerous entities and web sites we interact with, the
better solution is to use software such as the passphrase generator I
mentioned a month or two ago, and to use some kind of database to keep
track of all of the key details including passwords and passphrases.

The database itself needs to be secured by some means (eg. PGP), but those
details we more frequently need to access (the passphrases themselves) are
best kept in an encrypted passphrase manager. You might say that having a
database AND a passphrase manager is an unnecessary duplication of data,
but that is a necessary part of having a backup of important information
anyway!

http://fastsci.com/?107242-0.03-gold
e-gold (elektronika ora) estas elementa mono (EO)
http://ao.com.au/e-gold.htm  <- (EN)