At 02:52 PM 22/04/2002 +0200, "Lourens Human" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi

When someone like my e-gold account number just because it
is 108162 and decide to spend me a gram or so... hint:)
hint:) - do I receive email notification of this spend? If
not, why not hmmm...?

No you do not, but if you write a simple web link for them, like
http://107242.clicktwocents.com/?[EMAIL PROTECTED] they can change the
default 2 centigrams of gold amount to whatever they like, and it will
e-mail you! (Or me in this case. :) (This uses the e-gold secure shopping
cart interface and requires you to only log in on the secure e-gold web site.)

... Which brings me to the next enhancement needed! I'm pretty sure this
was mentioned nearly a year or so ago on the subject of getting paid to
read e-mail, or of potential spam. This may need a standard default setting
for the free URL clicktwocents links, such as one decigram of gold or
equivalent. Any amount below this would not be notified to you by e-mail,
lest spammers use it to pay you (not enough!) to read email. I know that
most people would not like to read spam even for much more than one
decigram, so a limit amount that is commonly acceptable should be chosen.
The notification feature is most useful in the FastSCI service, but could
be abused here. Even then, any number of micropayments would continue to be
viewable in your e-gold history pages or report, which provides even more
exposure for paying advertisers!  ... Sooooo, I really don't need e-mail
notification for small tips, I'll read it in my history report. (If it was
a really big tip, they would probably e-mail you directly anyway! eg. Hey,
I just clicked you ten grams, you changed my life!)

eg. http://fastsci.com/?107242-10-gold&[EMAIL PROTECTED]&wayappreciated