>WHY is it that most US companies do not realize there is business
>conducted OUTSIDE of the US and that people might use another
>currency then dollars.

Hi Martin!

Firstly, there is really no business to speak of, conducted outside the US! :)

Most people outside the US totally underestimate the enormity of the
US economy.  I do business everywhere and there's really not a lot of
point bothering with non-US business! :)

However, more seriously, the answer is simply REGULATIONS, Martin.
The net-card people would dearly love to sell everyone in Europe and
elsewhere cards, but the US regulatory authorities are against it.
JP