> On the other hand, for our own interest, how about a (URL) reference for
> the substitution of 1880 for 1800, 1881 for 1888, and 1882 for 1777, and
> for the actual prices for calls to these numbers. (If they are treated like
> ordinary numbers, then presumably the caller's phone company's standard
> rates to USA should be the appropriate price.)

When you do the substitution, you will pay the international ld charge to
the US just like for any regular call you would make. (BTW, I made a typo:
1-882 is for replacing 1-877 numbers).
I got this tip from asking my local telco, but it seems this is not common
knowledge for some reason... I tried doing a search to find a website with
such info, and this is not very much publicized... Anyhow here is a link to
back me up :)

    http://puck.nether.net/netops/800nums.html

Also, 800 numbers are not linked to other numbers, it is possible to have a
toll free # as your single line. I guess this is why this alternate method
exists?