Hi

> Ensuring that one can (easily & cheaply) withdraw money from PayPal to
> local
> bank accounts in 16 countries is what I call outstanding intl
support...
> It
> is certainly not easy to accomplish but it makes their service truly
> global:

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/approved_countries-outsid

16 countries is still not a lot. The internet is global.

One of my friends had his Paypal account suspended just because he dared
to log into it from an IP address in a country outside these 16, and
then he had to spend about 45 minutes on hold on an international call
to get the restriction lifted. They told him it was his fault because
they did not support the country he was accessing it from (his basic
account was set up in the US)

Another thing: Paypal's debit card was only available in the US last
time I checked.

Nick
Fidex