JMR,

> >for example what is
> > the largest amount of gold earned through the referral program by a
> > single account?
> >

> If I knew that, I wouldn't tell,

I can't imagine why not, I would really think it was in your interests
to promote it and show people how much money they can earn.

> action. Now there's Limewire, Morpheus, Gnutella, etc. and I
> WILL finally get through to one (and then all) of those.

Fantastic! So you are telling me that there is somebody from e-gold
(you) who is actively trying to reach new users. I am very pleased to
hear that. That is the kind of thing I was asking for.

> Regarding confidence, I tend to trust individuals, not groups. I
> will give a hypothetical example of a high-reputation individual
> vs a group now (since I've believed this for over a decade and
> it's now fun to say 'I told you so!!'). If Warren Buffett (one of my
> heroes) says X and (pick any "big five" accounting firm) says
> Y, Jim Ray only believes X. Bottom line: I trust Doug Jackson
> and the team behind e-gold for various reasons to keep doing
> the right thing out of their own self-interest.

Jim, I am pretty much the same. But if I go to try to explain e-gold to
a new client in Russia, just how far do you think I am going to get
trying to claim it must be legit and above board because some guy called
Jim in Florida trusts another guy called Doug Jackson to act out of
self-interest?

Thanks for your time anyway, I think I've gone on long enough.

Regards
Nick
http://e-fidex.com