Hi!

I agree with Michael's post. Unless e-gold's gold reserve is PROPERLY audited and not
just some screen on a web page that says, yeah we've got x ammount of gold bars stored
without specifying their EXACT individual weight (after all, gold bullions never weigh
exactly the same), location and a name and phone number of a respectable trusted 3rd
party e-gold might as well be a scam. I do not say it is but I find it very hard to
convince others it is not a scam as I can not show them any proof...

This is what is lacking in the e-gold system. Who tells me the gold is really there
and not evaporated into thin air or consumed by the owners of e-gold.

In my perspective. E-gold is not a valid payment method for anything more than say $20
in gold until it is clear WHERE the gold is. The EXACT ammount, WHO audited it (a
proper BIG company like KPMG, or similar) and a telephone number from the auditors
that we can call to verify e-gold's claims.

It is not that I am paranoid but a simple 'trust us, your gold is safe' really does
not cut it for a payment system. :-) I think any 12 year old will agree on that.

Another point that really worries me is that e-gold's servers are stored in the US of
A. and not in a proper 'international' juristriction like the Channel islands or
whatever. We can be sure anything e-gold is monitored by Echelon and that it is not as
anonymous as we might think it is. :-(

I hope someone is listening to this as the previous times I saw similar postings here
the discussion died out very fast without a proper solution in sight.....

Though I agree it is fun to play with hash codes and spending software and  realize
it's potential to revolutionize the monetary system it is of VITAL IMPORTANCE to know
the system can be trusted. My to biggest concerns are that:

-NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW WHERE THE GOLD IS PHYSICALLY STORED (it was even moved a while
back without notice to a new location!)

-NO ONE IS AUDITING THE AMMOUNT OF GOLD. (Should be a PROPER 3rd party)

-THE E-GOLD SYSTEM does not show a proper gold inventory on their 'live stats' page....

-WHO GUARANTEES ME THE OWNERS DO NOT DECIDE TO CLOSE SHOP AND TAKE THE GOLD

-THE SERVERS ARE IN THE US OF A. (Wich scares the sh*t out of me personally as I am a
security expert and know the Echelon spy system does exist)

From: "Michael Heffernan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gents,
I'm trying to determine the physical location of e-gold's gold.  I see the
examiner notes the audit was done in Ontario, (I assume) Canada, but I
also remember reading on this list someone's mentioning the gold had been
moved to London.  Any confirmation on this?
Also, does anyone know where Central Escrow Agency Limited is located or
anything else about the company?
Any info would be appreciated.
Regards,
Michael