> > I think Craig is correct when he says, "This is a difference that makes
> > no difference".
>
> Possibly, unless someone can specify the difference in concrete terms.

Here's a possibility, but quite small in probability, I think:

Let's say that Joe Blow has his account hacked and, without his knowledge,
loses $2 million dollars in gold. A judge, looking at E-Gold might conclude
that E-Gold LTD is liable, and order them to pay, using all of  THEIR
assets, including the community gold. A judge MAY, (but maybe not), rule
differently if the theft were in GoldMoney.

Craig (SnowDog)