>My broker does not know that I own three specific shares #12038375,
>#87289738, and #22703611.  He only knows that I own three shares.

Wrong.  UNLESS you have the shares physically delivered to you, he knows
that YOU OWN a claim to three shares which are in the name of the brokerage
house.

You own three shares out of a pool of MSFT shares in the brokers name and in
possession of the broker.

If you ordered physical delivery of the shares, then the Broker WOULD
register those shares to you and deliver them out of their pool holdings.

>But if you want a grid system, here's one.

I never said that *I* wanted a grid system.

>Every day at midnight, the GoldMoney system devises a random mapping of
>each
>physical gold gram (as a cube) to a specific account number, proportional
>account balance.  The mapping is determined by sampling the random noise at
>http://random.org.

There is not enough info here to comment on,, Randon sampling is used for
many things.

>There's your grid system.  It works because each gold gram is equivalent.

That's your opinion -- I haven't seen the details and the web site you
referenced is not a GMN site.

It would be interesting to see when this supposed system was put in place?
After they filed a lawsuit -- or was it built into the code originally?

>Now I did read the patent a long time ago, and I don't remember the part
>about individually numbering the gold grams.  Would you be so kind as to
>direct me to the relevant section?

I never said the Patent specified this.  The serial # example was my way of
making a point.

BOSCO