From: "Ian Grigg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Unfortunately for the gold industry, there is
> a grave shortage of people who can look beyond
> the dictionary and actually examine the issues
> in advance of some dispute.

Here's a way to think about ownership:

You own something if you have the right to use it as you see fit, and the
right to exclude others from using it.

Where does this definition lead?

By this definition, you own the digital gold grams in any GoldMoney accounts
you rightfully control.

Whether you own the actual physical gold is another question.  I leave that
as an exercise to the reader.  I don't think it actually matters.

Let's assume that you only own the digital gold grams and not the physical
gold.  The gold reserve still serves one important purpose:  to ensure that
nobody can create digital gold grams out of sheer whim, ex nihilo.

There are only two legitimate ways to get digital gold grams into your
GoldMoney account.  You must either bail in a bar of hard-earned gold, or
somebody else must pay you in exchange for something of real value.  As long
as that is the case, digital gold grams are valuable in the real world.

It is not important that you own the physical gold.  It is only important
that you own the digital gold grams, and that they remain valuable.

-- Patrick