From: "Jim Davidson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Every company has assets, liabilities, and equity.  Sometimes
> equity is negative.

True, but in our example (e-gold) it APPEARS that assets >= liabilities, so
equity >= 0.

> A trust might not be a company.

Yes -- in another email I said any "financial entity" has assets,
liabilities, and equity.  This applies all the way down to the level of
individual human beings, who are financial entities.

> I think the observation of Snowdog that the discrepancy
> changes when the storage fee is applied is a strong hint
> that the e-gold which is held in the e-gold account of
> e-gold, Ltd., is not treated as a liability, but is still
> backed by gold held by the trust.

Yes, in a previous email Snowdog suggested that e-gold could not have a
"liability to itself".

So here's my E-Gold Creed:

1.  I believe that the Trust has 1,952,954.93 gg of assets.

2.  I believe that the Trust has a liability of 1,933,846.51 gg to e-gold
accounts "in Circulation".

3.  I therefore CALCULATE that the Trust has 19,108.42 gg in gold that is
not a liability to e-gold accounts "in Circulation".

4.  I believe it is POSSIBLE that e-gold, Ltd. considers their own gold
account to be separate from ordinary accounts "in Circulation", and
therefore would not include it in the 1,933,846.51 total.  I don't know why
they would do it that way, but it's possible.

5.  I believe that the extra 19,108.42 gg is the property of someone other
than myself, and is therefore none of my business.

6.  I believe that neither e-gold, Ltd. nor the E-Gold Special Purpose Trust
is obligated to disclose a full balance sheet accounting for the extra
19,108.42 gg.  They have already given us more information than even 1mdc
has:  namely, total amount of gold assets and total amount of gold in
circulation.

7.  I believe that neither e-gold, Ltd. nor the E-Gold Special Purpose Trust
will issue a full accounting of the extra gold.  To be more specific, by
midnight GMT of 06-Jun-2003, there will still be no answer.  If I am wrong,
I will pay 10 gg to Jim Ray's personal account.  Consider that a bribe.

-- Patrick