Jim,

--- Jim Davidson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear Ragnar,
>
> http://planetgold.com/patentwars/13May2002drinkerbiddleltr.pdf
>
> > Any opinions on the above?

<snip>

> Should we let the market decide who wins and who loses? In
> most scenarios, everybody wins.
>
> Well, for my own part, I think that's much better than having
> one side or another call for the state to intervene.
>
> Don't you, Ragnar?

I generally fall into the libertarian category, not anarchy.  I
believe in an immensely (sp?) limited government as envisioned
by the founders.

Who should defend the private property of the weak?
Intellectual property?  I think this discussion may be beyond
the patience of these lists.

> While I appreciate that GoldMoney's proprietors have
> actual property in the intellectual property represented
> by their patents, I do not like the use of the state as a
> tool for enforcing patent rights.  I don't see anything
> wrong with a property owner defending his property, but I
> don't think the state is useful or necessary in this regard.

Limited governments are a necessary evil.  I'm not yet ready to
embrace anarchy.

Regards,

Ragnar

=====
Liberty Impact!

Check out this free, hard-hitting weekly newsletter about
privacy, liberty, offshore banking, tax avoidance & digital currencies.

http://www.libertyimpact.com