There are three companies involved in the present situation that we find
ourselves in; Standard Reserve Holdings Limited, Standard Reserve Issue
Limited, and Standard Transactions (BVI) Limited also known as Standard
Transactions Worldwide.

Standard Reserve Holdings Limited, (SRHL) is the company that holds all
assets including intellectual property, shares, furniture, software, etc.
This company comprised of 6 directors and several shareholders as well as
other companies like Standard Transactions (BVI) Limited and Standard
Reserve Issue Limited.  Under the direction of Dr. Elwyn Jenkins (CEO,
Chairman, Director and founder), the company included the following
directors; Douglas Jackson, Jack Jones, Elwyn & Glenda Jenkins, Terry Ford
and Barry Downey.  As of the 12th of June, Dr. Elwyn and Glenda Jenkins
have resigned.  Standard Reserve Holdings Limited is strictly a holdings
company.

Standard Reserve Issue Limited, (SRIL) is the company that holds the value
of customers account, under the direction of Barry Downey (CEO) since
November of 2001.  This is the company that protects and holds the value
that backs-up the customer accounts that Standard Transactions Worldwide
sells.  All digital currency held in the system is backed by gold and
controlled by this company.

Standard Transactions (BVI) Limited, (STBL) is the marketing and contract
holder of the group.  It’s purpose; establish customer accounts, set-up
regional offices, take deposits, and issue digital currency.  This company
was under the direction of Dr. Elwyn Jenkins until late April when it
became known as Standard Transactions Worldwide and was placed under the
direction of Chris Gallant, CEO.

What Happened?

The short version is Standard Transactions (BVI) Limited ran out of
operating funds and started using the customers’ accounts money back in
March of 2001.  It appears that due to a constant lack of funds required
to maintain continuous growth specifically in the Regional program
development and expansion customer funds were used to fund the operation.
The gold accounts that resided with e-gold, and that were to be monitored
by SRIL and Barry Downey, were never followed too closely and therefore
were depleted.  In April of 2002 as I took over as CEO of Standard
Transactions Worldwide, Charlotte Wilson and myself conducted a due
diligence, or more specifically an audit, and found several discrepancies
concerning customer’s funds and the lack of control over the trust or the
accounts that should of backed the digital currencies.  At that time it
was too late. The funds were gone and most of the employees and suppliers
had not been paid.  In May of 2002 the company was severely strapped for
money and could not honor any card loads or monies owed to any supplier,
employee or customer.  At the beginning of June, the board of directors
finally stepped in, and we are basically still at the same stage.  Two
postings have been made at www.standardreserve.com on June the 12th and no
word since.  At this stage my understanding is that Ancien Limited; (a
Nevis company owned by Douglas Jackson and Barry Downey) has filed a claim
against SRHL, and possibly Deloitte Touché of the British Virgin Islands.
These claims will force SRHL into bankruptcy and place a liquidator in
charge of processing not only claims but also sell off any assets that any
of the companies involved may have.

This leaves all of us with the option of standing in line with the rest of
the claimants or adopt a different solution.

I will be making a proposal to our clients, creditors and employees very
shortly.

Chris J. Gallant
CEO - STW