http://www.kitco.com/charts/livegold.html

used to have a "closed looking" period, after New York
closed and before Sydney and the rest of Asia opened,
during which the price of gold moved anyway. Now, it
is designated: "NY Access Market." This solves a long-
standing mystery for me and (I think!) a few others
here...BUT, what *IS* the "NY Access Market"?? Who runs
it??? That "NY" stands for New York, right??? Why does
it open and close at such weird times?? Anyone who has
any information please enlighten me. Thanks.
JMR