>One might indeed consider that the actual current value of gold (or anything
>traded, for that matter), is indeed the last known BID, as it is in fact the
>price the market is ready to pay for an ounce of gold a any given time,
>instead of a (past and obviously outdated) last trade.

Patrick, the "real market value" of something is the last price it
traded for.   In the history of the universe, there's never been a
stock or anything else where the chart shows the current bid.  All
charts show the last price that happened

>Kitko's position therefore makes sence as the REAL present value of gold on
>the market is better represented by the current bid.

(In all events, what you're saying is upside down, if you think about it!

the "real" price in the sense you mean it (perhaps the "usuable"
price "in the future")
is what people WHO ACTUALLY HAVE SOME are PREPARED TO SELL IT FOR,
ie, to wit, the ask.

What people are bidding for it is irrelevant.  I could put in a bid of $1!)