James,

> Is it?  What if the so-called property is stolen money from an auction
> fraud?  The thief just goes to a market-maker with his stolen property
and
> exchanges the money for national currency, emptying his account.  Then
the
> thief just opens another account and goes through the whole process of
> another auction fraud again.  What is morally principled about that?

I think your new policy http://www.goldmoney.com/en/cap.html is much
better than the previous one where every account holder was required to
mail ID. It seems relatively easy to comply with and does not overly
inconvenience people who only want to carry out small transactions.

In fact it is also better than e-gold's. They have something broadly
similar but they only tell you about it after you put the money in the
account.

I still think common sense is the best anti-fraud policy. We have never
asked anyone for a utility bill, we have never rejected a third party
payment, and we have never had a single complaint about auction fraud.

Regards
Nick
Fidex