> > It appears that Lateko Bank have now decided to cancel their
> > debit card
> > service, apparantly for the same reason that Parex cancelled
> > theirs.
>
> And the reason is...?

Europay, now known as Mastercard Europe. www.mastercardeurope.com

Thankfully our debit cards are issued by Mastercard's Latin America and
Caribbean office and are not affected in any way. Our banking partners
never have and never will issue "no name" debit cards which mean they
are not subject to this type of political pressure.

Regards
Nick
Fidex
http://e-fidex.com