Dear Frank,

--- Frank Warren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It IS understood.  The thing is, the CC model relies on the
> ability
> to repudiate a transaction incase of error or mal-feasance.
>
> The DGC model requires positive action by the payer and in so
> doing eliminates the costs of potential repudiation that make
> credit
> cards so expensive to both payer and payee.
>
> As for me, I much prefer not giving a merchant potential free
> reign
> to ravage my wallet.

It seems we are not thinking outside the box here.  I was not
implying that e-gold should imitate a credit card provider
(heaven forbid!  Ack!).  I was simply thinking that e-gold could
offer a service where recurring transactions can take place
automatically, fully controlled by the user.  Or, perhaps an
enterprising entrepreneur can come up with something like that.
The merchant will not have access to an account or authority to
withdraw funds.  But a "sub-account," funded by the main account
can be established for recurring transactions that the merchant
would have access to, with limits.  It's possible and would take
that little competitive edge away from the credit cards.

=====
Regards,

Ragnar
CFO - http://www.gold-age.net

Liberty Impact!
Check out this free, hard-hitting weekly newsletter about privacy, liberty, offshore
banking, tax avoidance & digital currencies. http://www.libertyimpact.com