> Also in Australia the same applies.  I have had fraudulent payments
> sent
> to me via the online banking system  and there is no question of
> returning funds paid that way.

Perhaps it's lack of nutrition today that is causing my inability to
understand clearly what is being said here by Sidd and Michael. Perhaps
they can answer these questions...

Q. If you are sent funds via online banking (including BPay for
Australia), can those funds be reversed, and if so, how long after the
transaction has taken place does the power to reverse exist?

It seems all transactions can be reversed. Maybe not to easily but they
can be and I recall the time frame is up to 5 weeks. Having said that I
have tried to reverse myself one bank transfer and one BPAY (2 mistakes)
in which both times I was told to contact the account holder and have
them send the funds back.

Q. If funds sent to you via online banking (including BPay for
Australia) are later found to have come courtesy of some kind of
criminal activity, does the bank take the money back from you, or do
they eat the cost themselves? (Naturally I don't care about to poor
schmuck who was robbed, I care about the merchant)

I have not had my bank over ride my wishes and take funds out of my
accounts (I have refused bank wire reversals only so far). I have had a
few chats with the fraud department in which I did get the feeling they
would have been more then happy to reverse any transaction if I was not
doing my best to protect the innocents (idiots who got scammed - $3k
laptop for $1.5k - maybe it's to good to be true :-) - they where quite
happy to freeze my bank accounts though.

Hope this satisfies.
Paul.
GoldEx

Answers to these questions from Sidd, Michael and any other ANZEAs based
on their experience will put an end to my curiosity.

----

Aggh! Damn, Sidd sent a message just as I was about to send this
message, which makes this message basically redundant now. Perhaps an
Aussie can give his reply though based on first hand experience.

(Damn people who beat me to the punch)

Oh, ANZEA is something I just made up - (Australian / New Zealand
Exchange Agent)

BRYAN
---
You are currently subscribed to e-gold-list as: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To
unsubscribe send a blank email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Use e-gold's Secure Randomized Keyboard (SRK) when accessing your e-gold
account(s) via the web and shopping cart interfaces to help thwart
keystroke loggers and common viruses.

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.