While the Australian banking system has some useful innovations,
remember that being a country peopled entirely by criminals (see my
upcoming work 'Australia: What Went Wrong' in 18 volumes), they are
largely used for crime and unsavoury enterprises. BPay is essentially
a user interface for direct bank transfers. Naturally some
individuals have used it to transfer funds to themselves when the
owner of the funds hasn't authorised any such transfer:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/business/2002/07/item20020720221708_1.htm

there was a similar scam a couple of years back with the ANZ bank,
they thoughfully provided automatic periodic payment transfer forms
on their counters. So people were filling them out, guessing an
account number to pay them periodically at random, dropping them into
the box and receiving millions of dollars they weren't entitled to.

http://www.ozbooks.com/asp/store/news/shownews.asp?NewsID=40

Incidentally, my following auctions all accept e-gold:

(The Sound of Music mono LP)
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=908181877

(Trading cards)
http://cgi6.ebay.com.au/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=mythosrares&sort=3&page=1&rows=200&since=
-1&showpics=1&stab=0

(More trading cards)
http://cgi6.ebay.com.au/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=cards2003&sort=3&page=1&rows=200&since=-
1&showpics=1&stab=0

  --- Send the right message ---

        + Today freemail +

Get your free, private email address at