Ben, this is off-topic as well as being complete and utter nonsense! I'm
sure I don't even have to refute any of this, as it will be self-evident to
nearly everyone on the list.

Anyway, who the heck is Princess Bride, and as for climate, today has been
a glorious sunny day (in wet, southern Victoria), yet I doubt it exceeded
13 degrees Celcius (hold on a moment while I go and get my jacket!). It is
really too cold here for most spiders and snakes. They all live up north.
Where in Australia  are you, and why don't you go and try to become a
farmer in Zimbabwe or Kashmere?

At 04:50 PM 22/09/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I thought we were all Princess Bride fans here? Anyway, if you had a
>choice of where to settle, why would you choose the worst continent
>on Earth, with the most inhospitable climate (especially for white
>people), criminals everywhere, the most primitive and savage natives
>on the face of the Earth (in the 19th century the vast majority of
>Aborigines were living in the stone age technologically), the most
>number of poisonous snakes, spiders and insects etc? Even Africa or
>the subcontinent was a better place to settle provided you didn't get
>an exotic disease.

>Maybe your ancestors had good reason to want to leave the old country
>(I'm assuming somewhere in Europe) and maybe not, but why the ^&%#^
>would they come to Australia?

Ian Green
http://two-cents-worth.com/?107242&EG
http://iangreen.2cw.org/