I would be willing to pay from a gold account on a
strange computer at a retail store. Of course, my
gold account would never have more than a couple
hundred FeRNs worth of gold in it and I would
probably change the pin once a month. To me this
would be an acceptable level of risk.

What retailer would risk his business and/or reputation for the opportunity to hack my
account for a couple hundred FeRNs worth
of gold? If you spend ten grams at http://www.bananagold.com
( not picking on you jpm ), I still trust the goods to be delivered.

Consider if you use a credit card and it is lost or
stolen, I think in the USSA you are liable for 50 FeRNS
from major CC vendors if you report the missing card in
the first 24 hours. And, I would not hesitate to carry
a couple hundred FeRNs in my pocket even though I know
the risk exists that it may be lost or stolen.

I guess it comes down to what level of risk I will
assume and how much trust will I have in the retailer.
Kinda, funny when you can cruise down the road and
trust that the oncoming driver will stay in his lane,
now thats risk taking. :^)

As for protecting the poor fool that uses his main
gold account at Fly by Night retailers, sorry too bad.
Not my job to protect people from losing their money.
Its amazing a how a fool got together with his money
in the first place.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]