At 11:59 PM 10/6/2002 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>I have been doing this same task with file attachments to drafts
>for some time but hush has now made it easier. Hush accepts e-gold.
>As for backups, I have never gotten Hush to confirm that they back
>up their systems. If anyone has that info, please forward to me.

I'd be amazed if they didn't.

Readers on this list who are concerned about making crypto secure backups
of their data should consider downloading the free MNET peer-to-peer client
and donating a bit of their unused storage to the system.
http://mnet.sourceforge.net/ Mnet is an open source distributed data haven
that allows you to download and publish (not share) files   This means your
data is not stored as files on other people's machines, rather all of the
data is broken up into "blobs" each with a unique address within the MNET's
enormous address space.  These blobs are cached on member' hard drives in a
RAID array fashion, with automated redundancy across the member's
machines.  To reconstitute a file you need to have the "treasure map" which
specifies the address of each published blob.  If you don't publish the
treasure map (i.e., keep it private) only you can reconstitute the file.

Because each member's machine only stores a small number of blobs (if any)
of a particular published file, and because these blobs are bit interleaved
from the original file ordering, MNET system participants do not know what
data they are holding.  They have creditable plausible deniability.  Neat eh?

steve