At 6:51 PM -0600 on 10/9/02, John Kyle wrote:

> If I spend the next 6 months in my
> attic writing a sequel to Atlas Shrugged, and the moment I begin to sell
> them someone posts the entire thing to the internet and everyone downloads
> it for free, where is the justice in that?

It's not "justice". It's foolishness. It's what you get for not auctioning
that content off to the highest bidder, over, and over, and over, until the
bid price is cheaper than your cost of storage.

I expect that if you did that, you'd make more than the average book
advance, which is what most authors end up with, and, probably, *way* much
more, if people want what you're selling.

Cheers,
RAH

--
R. A. Hettinga <mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>