> So if you could even come up with an actual dollar amount conversion....
> such as $'s for net grams in.... Net $'s out..... I'll deal with the
> greatly fluctuating cost factors of shipping and ?
>
> Is this making it more complicated or less?

Now you've gotten me interested in the problem, but I can't seem to figure
out what the problem is. If a customer sends you $100 in e-gold, then note
that E-Gold will remove (1% of the transaction, up to 50 cents USD maxium).
Then if you have Omnipay send you a check, they will take one dollar USD. So
your check will be about $98.50, if the price of gold does not change.

If the customer sends you 10 grams of e-gold, then convert this to ounces
with the ratio '1 oz. troy = 31.1034768 grams', and then multiply by the
price per ounce,

10 / 31.1034768 * $317.10 = $101.95

>From $101.95, subtract the 50 cents, and then the $1 for Omnipay's check,
and the final total will be $100.45.

Note, that the price to the customer will generally be just 1 percent less
than what he sends to you, if you compile several payments into one before
taking Omnipay's check.

SnowDog