Steve Schear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

At 09:40 AM 11/28/2002 +1100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>Two things,
>>
>>1) It doesn't take a genius to see that the two messages from
Graham
weren't
>>actually from him. I wonder if it wouldn't have been appropriate to
catch
>>the messages and delete them before a war starts.
>

>How the hell do we know where the real Graham is ?!?
>
>Can any associates of Graham's give a consensus of his real address,
fone
>number or the like?

-Good question.  Perhaps its time list members consider using PGP to
-digitally sign their postings.  Leading email programs can be
-configured to
-automatically verify signed messages from keys uploaded to a public
key
-server

Using keyservers for signature verification wouldn't provide any
particularly high security.   Identities on a keyserver can be forged
too.   The only cryptographic information you should ever fully trust
is information traceable to trusted out-of-band channels.