Dear Marco,

It appears from your message to this list that Bidcow.com
is considering accepting e-gold as a payment option.

Of course, GoldBarter.com already does accept e-gold as
a payment option.  http://goldbarter.com/  We also
take GoldMoney, and we are in the process of updating
our system to accept e-Bullion.

At GoldBarter.com, listing is free, bidding is free, and
the only fees are paid by the seller if he (a) sells his
stuff or (b) insists on a reserve price.  There is no
subscriber fee.  We've grown very rapidly since opening
in late 2001, and we're pleased by all our customers
and shoppers.

Now, it is interesting that your e-mail address was
spammed by Bidcow in a ... bid <grin> to become an
auction site accepting e-gold.  You see, there is a
very clear anti-spam policy at e-gold.com.  So, one
would expect that spammers such as you seem to
indicate you believe Bidcow to be might be in a bit
of trouble.  Spam the users of e-gold and suffer the
wrath of e-gold's anti-spam policy.  It might could
be that Bidcow isn't going to be able to accept
e-gold.

By the way, there are some places where you can
announce your products and services to the e-gold
community without falling afoul of the anti-spam
policy, so you should.  I think this talk.e-gold
list is one such place, though of course you should
be aware of the posting guidelines before posting
here.

There is also a gold-lists.com which is an opt-in
list.  People who want to get info or send info to
the list can opt into it, so nobody gets hurt. As
I understand it, James Shupperd of FastGold
created e-told.com which offers methods of listing
new business activities, and commenting on them.

So, there really is no need for spam.  Spam is bad.

For those who don't recall the early days of the
Internet, when old guys like me still had teeth,
the term "spam" comes from a song by Monty Python,
the spam song.  You can google it up as fast as
me.  "Eggs, spam, beans, spam, rat and spam."

"Oh, I'll have that, without so much rat, please!"

Regards,

Jim
 http://cambist.net/

Use e-gold's Secure Randomized Keyboard (SRK) when accessing your e-gold account(s) via the web and shopping cart interfaces to help thwart keystroke loggers and common viruses.