--
On 30 Dec 2002 at 10:41, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> The problem and ' that this email to also have had and it
> seemed perfect and therefore I have made the login and
> therefore I/you/they have been stolen of my passhare and of
> 19 $.

If I understand you correctly, you seem to be saying that you
were caught by one of these fraudulent letters that solicit you
to login on a fake e-gold site, and thus capture your account
number and passphrase.

And having been caught, you would like e-gold to go after the
beneficiary of the attack (who has by now probably withdrawn
your e-gold and that of several other suckers and cashed it
in.)

I wish that e-gold had created a client program, that did not
reveal knowledge of the passphrase to a possibly bogus server,
but instead merely proved knowledge of the secret passphrase to
the server witout revealing the passphrase itself. However
e-gold has so far not implemented this, perhaps fearing
unforeseen software maintenance problems on many diverse
platforms.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     VqAVxInNmEIMVv0TWd8dankvjkC0jfdTLeQdsNE
     4DsKC93128LHH9MQfu61w1U7tivHk/p5xXdRiVqHQ