At 12:23 PM 6/01/2003 -0500, SV Gisp wrote:
When I deposit/transfer dollars to my e-gold account which rate does
e-gold use to calculate the amount in equiv ounces and grams I have?
There is a link always at the e-gold.com home page which gives you the current exchange rate between any of a number of currencies and e-gold. The accounts themselves are accounted for in ounces to several decimal places of accuracy (which is accurate to a tiny fraction of one cent).

Spends can be made (denominated) in units of currency or in grams or ounces, but the actual transactions are in ounces.

Ian Green
http://iangreen.2cw.org/
http://ao.com.au/e-gold.htm

Use e-gold's Secure Randomized Keyboard (SRK) when accessing your e-gold account(s) via the web and shopping cart interfaces to help thwart keystroke loggers and common viruses.