> I thought they did a few years a go. I believe this is an unacceptable
> practice.
> I am publicly asking you e-gold the reasons why you do not have at a bare
> minimum an annual audit.
>
> It is beyond me why you are reluctant to do so, unless of course there is
> something to hide. If not then don't you realize you are jeopardizing a
> successful franchise just by raising the doubt.

I agree with you 100%

It is definatly a bad business practice not to do these audits.  The lack
of audits is the reason I never keep more than $50 in e-gold.  The lack of
audits is likely the reason others do the same.  The lack of audits is
likely the reason that although there are new users to e-gold every day,
there haven't been new bars bailed in.  The lack of audits is likely the
reason e-gold is stagnating.

Several people have publically asked for an audit or the reason behind not
doing one.  Do the employees of e-gold care? Apparently not.  What about
the officers of the corporation?  Nope, nothing from them either.  The
stockholders of e-gold if they value their investment at all, should
demand that the corporation perform this audit.

Few people trust corporations these days after all the accounting
scandals.  In fact, few people trust even AUDITED corporations these days.
 Any guesses on how many people trust UNAUDITED corporations? I seem to
recall more than one DGC with less than acceptable accounting practices
that have absconded with user's gold.

All that gold is just too much temptation for theft.  What assurances do
we have that the don't take the gold and run.  What assurance do we have
that this hasn't been done already.  At least with an audit we know it was
still there recently.  Annually is a good idea.

How hard is it to audit 266 bars of bullion?

Zachary Smith,
SasquatchValley.Com