At 07:35 PM 3/2/2003 +0100, marco wrote:
 Second, there is no such thing as money orders in Spain, nor in Italy, and
 I suspect the same applies to most of the rest of the world.
 finally, I thought we were talking about developing e-gold as a GLOBAL
 currency, or did I miss something?

And, money orders are a PITA - it's a two-step process. Picture it. I have somebody online or in my store who wants to buy, and I only want to take e-Gold. What does he do? Orders the product, then signs up for an e-Gold account, then goes and gets a money order to fund the e-Gold account so he can pay me? Why?

Folks, when somebody wants to buy your product, you need to make it easy for him/her to buy, not more difficult. Who in their right mind will want to go through those steps? Sure, it will work if he already has an e-Gold account. But he still needs to fund the account.

Can it be global? Absolutely. But not the way it's being done right now. If anybody has the resources (funds and staff) to try to put it together, let me know. I have it outlined quite clearly.

FWIW

George

Dr. George Matyjewicz, Chief Global Strategist
GAP Enterprises, Ltd.   http://www.gapent.com/
Moderator of E-Tailer's Digest http://www.etailersdigest.com/
Automated Press Releases http://www.automatedpr.com/
E-Gold Account # 193274

Use e-gold's Secure Randomized Keyboard (SRK) when accessing your e-gold account(s) via the web and shopping cart interfaces to help thwart keystroke loggers and common viruses.