On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Our company:
> As many e-gold members are rightly concerned with scams involving
> e-gold
> payments, we would like you to have all of the facts about our company
> before purchasing from us. We are a PayPal-verified merchant and listed
> as
> D-U-N-S number 128362527. PayPal-verified means that we have registered
> our United States business address and phone number and have had our
> location verified by the third-party company PayPal. Our D-U-N-S number
> can be confirmed by checking with D&B(www.dnb.com), one of the largest
> third-party

I hate to say this but all kinds of "red flags" go up when I look
into this site.

For starters, the domain was registered on feb 1st of this year, so
no track record. Next, the admin contact email is a hotmail account,
which really makes me wonder.

You purport to be "[a] Division of Electronic Warehouse" yet the only
business I can find operating under that name is a surveillance equipment
outlet in Texas, and speaking with their owner they don't sell consumer
electronics nor have they heard of your site (they were very interested
in the details of it though).

The D&B number is registered to the name "Ben Shore" not the company
name (getting a D&B number is trivial, but a nice touch ;)

Last, but not least, you are not "Paypal Verified" as your site claims.
This is perhaps the most troubling of all.

My apologies if you really are "on the level" but given the level of
scammage in the DGC landscape, you're really going to have to close
this credibility gap if you want to succeed.

My 0.02

-mark

password:

---