--

On 2 Apr 2003 at 22:58, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Well the backpackers I know over here have all said they just
> needed their passport and another form of ID.  I think you
> have to make a personal appearance though.

You do not need a personal appearance, but if you are not going
to make a personal appearance you need a respectable person to
sight the originals of your ID, and vouch that you correspond
to the photocopies you sent in.

This procedure is available from some banks and not others.

westpac (www.westpac.com.au) has this procedure, but I could
not find it on their website.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     OWc/ETibFYbC8xPbmtYNGn6ufKv+UclyI4uNmoma
     4hVdmDCzLxrC0Brr0COizUnTu4wo6hpmJaUADtCPU