Nick,

> It's a good idea and I know several companies in the DGC community
> including us have looked into it.
>
> It would be possible to produce a private-label credit card but joining
> the big systems is all but impossible.

Thanks for the input. Would maybe a dual account card using the system of
the International American Express card do the trick?
Amex used to issue gold cards [as in amex gold, not metal gold] to expats
in dual currency, where local charges were billed in local currency and
all other charges were converted into US$ and billed as such.

Now, following that example, maybe a normal ATM card could be used in USD
denomination while the main account was kept in gold?
I fear a pure private label card would not easily attract a large enough
user group the be feasible.

Cheers,
Robert.

budget & privacy website hosting