Umm, sorry to argue with this Graham but it is you who failed to see the utter obvious
link with Osgold and Osopps (where is your DD skills?) ...the firm owned by Osgold was
paying 30-40% per month on clients money...loading up their osgold accounts with
totally worthless digital onscreen funds - yes there were many transactions making
them money but the money was all made up Graham - and the stuff that wasnt made up was
ponzi funds from the osopps clients!

The single and only
> REASON why it failed was CEO Reed eventually scarpered with the bucks.

No. the reason why I would believe, was they were running into many different problems
no doubt and when problems occur in these scams people want out, and when people want
out the sh!t hits the fan...the US$ may be going through the same problems as OsGold
:) It was the staff or the CEO of osgold who decided it was better to run with the
funds before they had to pay out all the inflated osopp funds to clients.

They like the US government were pumping out worthless osgold $$$ via osopps scam. It
is not a cold hard rule that ponzis breakdown after months Graham, internet scams like
Osopps, Stockgenration can last for years - especially when the going is good as it is
easy to pumpup digital online accounts - but the difference is when people start
seeing problems and decide to withdraw. the cards then start tumbling fast.

Ponzis like Government social security ponzis can last for decades...

> OSGold, as an ecurrency, was very successful.

Yes, only due to Osopps scam really. the entire website was unprofessional, the system
was basic, but the greed got the better of everybody with the osopps scam. You were
kept busy not for the funding of Osgold, but by people funding osgold for the purpose
of making quick cash from Osopps fiasco.

Competitively,
> e-gold admin must have sighed a collective sigh of relief when OSGold
> failed.

That is probably why they banned it from their services - they knew these guys were
scammers like most of the exchangers did.

... he actually had a
> licence to print serious money!

They did print it. There was just nothing backing it!

> Being SO wise after the event...is that any sort of wisdom at all?

Many wise people did not lose $50,000 to OsGold. Unfortunately you did. The writing
was always on the wall with this group it just was unfortuanate you took such a big
hit.