At 9:06 PM +1000 6/25/03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Apparently there were already two other such exchanges (accoriding to
>posters here), and they were total failures and disappeared.

Hey JP,

http://indx.ru/eng/  is hardly a failure!! It's a very-cool thing that
most folks haven't discovered yet! It doesn't get talked-about too
much here, but I think it does plenty of business -- especially with
Russians. I forget the other exchange, but it's probably doing ok
too. These things take time, anyway, "Wall Street" was once just
the shade of a big tree, I've heard!

>You're saying, what would happen if one person bought a lot of
>shares, and kept them, never wanted to sell?  If that happens in a
>market, the price goes up, Rob

Just like people out-bid eachother constantly in markets! (And for
some strange reason, the share-desperation price now seems to
be bid up to 90 grams over at DBourse, but will anyone sell?)
JMR