Hello JM,
Sorry but you do seem to be missing my point. Where is the benefit for our
little economy in 100,000 new accounts with an average balance of 0.05gg ?
Unless they all buy books - and quick - there is no circulation.
Without circulation there is no benefit for new merchants.
Why did JP close bananagold, bamdex, etc? Lack of business, not enough
interest or buying power from mini account holders.

It appers that you picked out and commented on a few items taken out of
context without addressing the issue, that everybody would make money if
we made it easier for people to give it to us, itself.

I like telling a story about San Francisco's Chinatown on occasions like
this. The short version is that Chinatown was awash with three types of
shops: Eateries, Laundries and Money lenders/Letter/Writers/Remittance
agents. The economy was stagnant and even depressed because Eateries
borrowd money to buy supplies, feeding the Money lenders in lieu of
interest and the the Laundry operators where washing table clothes for a
meal. The money from occasional outsiders that came to Chinatown was often
sent back home, keeping the Money lender afloat, but nobody prospered.

Then came two innovations: The rail road and chinese massage houses.
Chinese rail road construction workers spent every free minute back in
Chinatown spending their wages and demanding special services. These
special services where then discovered by other residents who didn't live
in Chinatown.

Money was pouring in from external sources, the place boomed and the rest
is history.

I am suggesting to build a rail road for e-gold in order to attract other
businesses. You are arguing that plenty of new migrants are coming by the
shipload - which I don't dispute. The problem is, the new migrants are
looking for jobs and ways to send money home.

We need to attract the outsiders to join in and spend, rather than living
off the migrants who try to barter a days work for a bowl of soup ;o)

Cheers,
Robert.

budget & privacy website hosting
http://www.cyberica.net
budget & privacy domain registrations + mail
http://www.u2planet.com/cfdomaintrust.html