Unless of course, they make 5% from a laundromat or their cards are
crooked. Both would mean that they would have substiantial amounts for
free, which they need to get back into circulation.

It is not an entirely new game, really.

Then there would be a legitimate option, namely that they need an
accounting loss for taxation. Of course in St. Ian's case this might be
somewhat unlikely, but nevertheless there are reasons why someone would
honour his deals while knowing that the deals generate an initial loss.

Finally, by making a few smaller deals he could build a sizeable database
of prospective customers for later-on. Imagine him turning down 49 buyers
(sorry we are out of stock, can I contact you next week?) and accepting
the 50th...
20 deals later, down a few hundred dollars at the most, he has a databse
of 1,000 prospects expecting him to contact them.

Cheers,
Robert.

budget & privacy website hosting
http://www.cyberica.net
budget & privacy domain registrations + mail
http://www.u2planet.com/cfdomaintrust.html