Actually it looks to me like an establishing down-trend!
http://www.kitco.com/charts/popup/au0182nyb.html
Top, Correction, Failed second top, Correction, Lower third top.
Fundamentally, we would now need to see the $340-341 support lines before
the market tries again to brak the first.

In a slightly longer term scenario we are still in an uptrend, but barely
( http://www.kitco.com/LFgif/au00-04.gif ).
Anything below $350 in the next five days or below $356 after that and all
bets are off because then the chart is back in the 8 year downwards trend
( http://www.kitco.com/LFgif/au95-pres.gif ).

Of course, if one allows for the fact that all these charts are Gold in
USD and that the dollar took a major beating itself, then the market is in
real terms falling for quite a while now.

Cheers,
Robert.

budget & privacy website hosting
http://www.cyberica.net
budget & privacy domain registrations + mail
http://www.u2planet.com/cfdomaintrust.html