Thanks for the heads up.

I think it just seems too easy for people to get started in the exchanger
business. And because of that everyone with the most rudimentary skills
can give it a shot.

We all know that in actual fact being a *good* exchanger is not that easy
at all. Apart from long hours and often tiny margins there are currency
exchange risks, highly volatile metal markets an incresingly unstable
network infrastructure and ever more imposing government interventions to
deal with and quite frankly, I am starting to wonder why so many people
are bothering to give it a go.

Not only are there all the hassles and toubles above to overcome, but
there is the constant risk of falling prey to more and more sophisticated
scams and to top it all off, you host could go out of business, the
electric grid could fail and send you offline for a couple of days and
whathaveyou...

Maybe exchangers and e-currency operators should produce a pamphlet in PDF
format (we'd be happy to host it for free) with the perils and dangers of
becoming an exchanger and some general guidelines for customers what to
look for in an exchanger before sending money?
Could be something for the GDGC or for PlanetGold or Gold-Price.net to
consider? Or even Gold-Pages.com?

Thinking about it, maybe it's time to put our two cents together an
produce a more detailed volume with tips for consumers and budding
business operators in the e-gold universe?

I mean, new merchants could certainly learn from the advise of old hands,
as could exchangers in niche markets. A bit of cooperation could help
e-gold a long way - and hence everyone using it.

Food for thought?

Cheers,
Robert.

budget & privacy website hosting
http://www.cyberica.net
budget & privacy domain registrations + mail
http://www.u2planet.com/cfdomaintrust.html