> Who said anything about needing to worry about updates. If you have a
> proper firewall the Blaster exploit shouldnt bother you. If you are upto
> date on your anti-virus software, and you dont have to do anything there
> because a good anti-virus program will automatically update itself, then
> you shouldnt have to worry about virus and the such.
>
> Or, just dont be running the new OS that M$ have out :D

If you are into so familiar old good Windows PC's, I'd recommend you the
following configuration in order to be set up well and avoid getting
plagued:

1. Windows 2000 Professional with all SP's or Windows NT 4.0 with all SP's.
Windows XP is not what you'd actually want.
2. Latest Norton Antivirus (we use Corporate Edition).
3. Sygate Firewall.

This is not an advertisement in any way.

Regards,
Paul