Not that it is any suprise, but I do wish that people would take the
ongoing history of PayPal into consideration and not use them, ever, for
anything.  This is a company that has stolen more than US$ 30,000.00 from
me personally, having locked an account more than two years ago for
as-yet-unspecified "suspicious activity."  Horror story after horror story
can be found at http://www.paypalsucks.com and http://www.nopaypal.com

I just received this from an associate of mine who is learning the hard
way about this company's tactics:

"I wish to inform all *** members and friends that they should stay away
from
Paypal and eBay Inc.

These two companies are aiding and abetting hackers to steal money from
their
customers account.

Paypal has repeatedly withdrawn funds from my bank and credit cards to
make
unauthorised payments for products I did not order for. The amount is
running
into several thousands of dollars, the recent was yesterday, Friday. The
sum of
$1,750.00 was taken from my account and made payable to people that Paypal
is
not ready to pursue for further investigations.

I’m pressing charges against Paypal and will be talking to a lawyer on
Monday.
Please spread the news to all Paypal customers and ebay lovers to beware.
They
may be the next victim.

Regards,

J***"

If you want a fiat alternative to Paypal I recommend
http://www.moneybookers.com .  Why anyone does business with PP is
completely beyond me.

Frank