Dear Patrick

You have once again done great justice to my views
by capturing the essence of them.

And finally the curency was made independant from
the gold backing.

What a sweet, passive, neutral way to portray an act of theft, fraud, and extortion.

Indeed. I can say that I find passive voice to be a bit smarmy.

"Cool Hand Luke":  "What we've got here is failure to
communicate."

"The boy's mind isn't right!"

more trade in hard money and less in fiat tokens.

We live in exciting times. Friedrich Hayek first described this idea of denationalizing money in 1976 in his book on the subject. At that very time, the USA was not fixing the price of gold or silver.

It took twenty years for e-gold to come out with a
product that delivers on the promise of denationalized
or free-market money.  GoldMoney, e-Bullion, and
Pecunix have done similar work in the arena.

Yes, these currencies are growing.  Yes, they do
compete against fiat money.  Yes, they do offer
better money in the midst of bad money.

But, since there is no artificial under pricing of
commodities, there is no Gresham's Law (actually,
it was Aristophanes who first wrote about this
phenomenon) to violate.  And, to the best of my
ability, I have not been able to find any evidence
that a legal tender law is operating right now.

We do have an opportunity to use free market money.
I think we should.  And, I think arguments against
free market money and favoring fiat money systems
are bad and wrong.  I don't mind saying so.

Regards,

Jim
 http://www.ezez.com/

--- You are currently subscribed to e-gold-list as: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe send a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Use e-gold's Secure Randomized Keyboard (SRK) when accessing your e-gold account(s) via the web and shopping cart interfaces to help thwart keystroke loggers and common viruses.